Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pieces of the puzzle

The pieces of the puzzle are falling into place! Rather than having to rent an apartment that I've seen only online, a colleague at another branch of the library is letting me rent her extra bedroom to give me time to find a place once I'm there. (And the rate she's offered me is super fab, thanks Jami!) Add to this that I've worked it out to rent one of those 'cube' things to load and pay the delivery service to move it, then unload it on the other end. MUCH cheaper than paying full-service movers, without forcing me behind the wheel of a U-Haul for 2,200 miles (at 55 MPH...). And my landlords in Batesvegas are letting me pay pro-rated rent for the 3 days of February I'll be living here -- no one does that! All told, this is working out quite lovely and I'm looking forward to earning my stripes as a California girl! (But I'll always be a Bama girl, so as expected, you can think of me as an AlaFornia Girl!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment