Thursday, January 27, 2011

Maintaining

Tomorrow is the end of the line for me on the Batesville train. Well, at least as far as working at the library is concerned. I guess technically it's not the end until I leave town Wednesday night. I know it will take me a while to not wake up with my mind trained on going to BPL during the week, or when I get home at night, not wondering what to do about certain things the next day.


And I've gotten into the packing that you only do right at the end. Plates, bowls, glasses, spatulas, frying pans... I keep thinking this cube thing is going to be sitting out in my driveway and I'm going to have a panic attack at how small it looks and at the idea that I'm going to have to dump a bunch of stuff off on my parents because I won't have room to haul it to Cali with me. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.  :)


Excited as I am about what life holds for me in Cali, I'm not in a hurry for it. (I know...if you know me and you're reading this, you don't believe me.) I just don't want to rush things. Tomorrow will be the last time I'll see the folks I work with for a while. This weekend will be the last time I'll see all my T-town peeps for a while. Post-road trip, it'll be the last time I'll see Mom and Brooke for a while. So I'll start pinging off the walls about Cali when I get there. For now, I'm just trying to 'maintain'....enjoy the lasts, remember all the "last stuff" about everything/one as it happens.


Picture me like Kirsten Dunst in Elizabethtown, using my "hands-camera" to take imaginary photos of the images I want to remember that can't always be captured in a real photo. And the ones that can be captured in a real photo will be linked in future blogs, via my Flickr account. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment